Violence from Your Spouse
- Return to the General Information
- Q1 What is the Spousal Violence Prevention Law?
- Q2 Who can be considered as a spouse?
- Q3 How do you define violent acts from a spouse?
- Q4 What is a protection order?
- Q5 Who is a protection order issued for?
- Q6 What kinds of protection orders are there?
Q7 Other than the police, are there any organizations where I can consult with about the spousal violence?
Q2 Who can be considered as a spouse?
Under the law, a person in a marital relationship or in a common-law marriage with you is considered as your spouse.
If you suffered from the violence from your spouse while you were married and this violence continues even after your divorce or separation, this act is also considered as the violence from a spouse.