Violence from Your Spouse
- Return to the General Information
- Q1 What is the Spousal Violence Prevention Law?
- Q2 Who can be considered as a spouse?
- Q3 How do you define violent acts from a spouse?
- Q4 What is a protection order?
- Q5 Who is a protection order issued for?
- Q6 What kinds of protection orders are there?
Q7 Other than the police, are there any organizations where I can consult with about the spousal violence?
Q3 How do you define violent acts from a spouse?
Violent acts from a spouse are defined as physical violence or any violent acts which harm you mentally or physically.
These acts include verbal abuse which denies your integrity as a human being or sexual abuse which forces you to watch pornographic videos.
Please note that a protection order or a regulation of support from the chief of the police headquarters can prohibit only physical violence or threatening acts against your life or body.