Violence from Your Spouse
- Return to the General Information
- Q1 What is the Spousal Violence Prevention Law?
- Q2 Who can be considered as a spouse?
- Q3 How do you define violent acts from a spouse?
- Q4 What is a protection order?
- Q5 Who is a protection order issued for?
- Q6 What kinds of protection orders are there?
Q7 Other than the police, are there any organizations where I can consult with about the spousal violence?
Q4 What is a protection order?
A protection order is an order issued by the court upon request from a victim. It prohibits an offender (a spouse) from approaching the victim or orders an offender to move out from home to protect the victim from any life-threatening violence.
Competent authorities to issue a protection order are district courts.