Measures against Disasters
Return to the General Information
Q1 What do we have to prepare for a great earthquake in daily life?
- Q2 What should we mind when an earthquake occurs?
Q2 What should we mind when an earthquake occurs?
When a big earthquake occurs:
Don't panic. Secure your personal safety first.
- Make sure to put the fire out and huddle under the table to protect yourselves.
- If you are in the department store or underground shopping mall, follow the instructions from a management person and move smoothly.
- Let's get out of the danger immediately and take shelter.
- Go to evacuation sites near your house where local governments designate.
Don't drive a car. Take necessary things with you but make your luggage as little as possible and stay in a group.
- Let's collect accurate information.
- Try to get only accurate information from the police, television or radio. In addition, you should be careful about tsunami if you are at the sea shore or the river mouth.