Procedures for Lost Articles

Q2 I would like to report my lost article. What do I have to do?

You have to come to the police station or Koban yourself and describe what and how you lost. A police officer will help you prepare a Lost-and-Found Report to submit to the police.
If you think that you lost your property in a train, a taxi or inside the facilities such as a department store or an amusement park, first you have to contact a station master or a person in charge of management.