Report of Missing Persons
Return to the General Information
Q1 What is a report of a missing person?
Q2 Where should I report a missing person to?
- Q3 Do you receive a report of a missing person from anybody?
Q4 Is there anything that we had better prepare when reporting a missing person?
Q3 Do you receive a report of a missing person from anybody?
People who are eligible to report a missing person to the police are:
- those who have the parental authority or the guardianship over a missing person;
- those who are a missing person's spouse (including a person in a de facto state of marriage) or missing person's relatives;
- those who have custody of a missing person;
- personnel of the social welfare office defined in the Social Welfare Law (Law No.45, 1951) or those who engage in the administrative work for missing person's welfare; or
- a missing person's employer or those who live with a missing person or have a very close relationship with a missing person in social life.
- For further information, please consult with the police.