Report of Missing Persons

Q3 Do you receive a report of a missing person from anybody?

People who are eligible to report a missing person to the police are:

  • those who have the parental authority or the guardianship over a missing person;
  • those who are a missing person's spouse (including a person in a de facto state of marriage) or missing person's relatives;
  • those who have custody of a missing person;
  • personnel of the social welfare office defined in the Social Welfare Law (Law No.45, 1951) or those who engage in the administrative work for missing person's welfare; or
  • a missing person's employer or those who live with a missing person or have a very close relationship with a missing person in social life.

  • For further information, please consult with the police.