"Safe Riding Rule Book for Bicycle Users"
Return to the General Information
- Five Safety Rules for Bicycle Users
- It is illegal if you don't ride your bicycle in the zone designated for bicycle use.
- You must obey the traffic rules even when you are permitted to travel on a sidewalk.
There are rules of how to pass through an intersection.
- Riding double is illegal.
- Let's wear a helmet!
- Riding without the lights on in the night is illegal.
- Don't ride a bicycle as doing something else!
Riding without the lights on in the night is illegal.
Lights of vehicles
Paragraph 1, Article 52 of the Road Traffic Law and Paragraph 1, Article 10 of Osaka Prefecture's Road Traffic Rules
Punishment: A fine of 50,000 yen or less
Any vehicles shall turn on its lights in the night time (the period from sunset to sunrise) when on a road.