"Safe Riding Rule Book for Bicycle Users"
Return to the General Information
- Five Safety Rules for Bicycle Users
- It is illegal if you don't ride your bicycle in the zone designated for bicycle use.
- You must obey the traffic rules even when you are permitted to travel on a sidewalk.
There are rules of how to pass through an intersection.
- Riding double is illegal.
- Let's wear a helmet!
Riding without the lights on in the night is illegal.
- Don't ride a bicycle as doing something else!
Five Safety Rules for Bicycle Users
1. In principle, ride a bicycle on the road. Riding on the sidewalk is an exception.
2. Ride a bicycle along the left side portion of the road.
3. On the sidewalk, pedestrians have priority. Ride a bicycle along the road side of the sidewalk.
4. Observe the traffic rules.
●No drunk driving, no riding double or no abreast riding.
●Turn on the lights at night.
●Obey the traffic lights, stop temporarily and confirm safety at an intersection.
5. Children must wear a helmet.